Tuesday 12th December 2023
Another busy day ahead, so I got up at 7.30,
after Ling and had a shower and shave.
I made some porridge we’d brought with us,
along with half of yesterday’s youtiao and we were ready to go out at 9.30.
We took the metro, which cost 5 yuan each for
about 10 stops, to the huge flower market and spent an interesting hour here,
during which time, Ling brought a large bouquet of flowers to send to Vicky in
Shijiazhuang, which should arrive next day for 25 yuan.
As we were leaving, I bought Ling a bouquet of anemones and stocks, which we carried round with us the rest of the day. As I was feeling exhausted, we stopped at Luckin’ Coffee across the road, for a coffee and slice of banana bread, before taking the metro and a taxi to our next destination, Guandu ancient town. This was another typical ancient town with buildings being renovated, full of the same kind of shops as found in Dali and Lijiang.
As it was nearing lunchtime at 1.00 pm, we
stopped at a well decorated restaurant and had a meal for two at 58 yuan, which
I paid for using cash.
The meal included rice, carrot and vegetable
soup, rice balls stuffed with minced pork and fried chicken, with chopped bones
mixed up with the meat, but the taste was OK and it was nice surroundings,
sitting outside, with lots of flowers etc.
Then we walked further on and passed a park,
where loads of elderly people were singing, playing cards, erhu etc. From here
we visited a well maintained temple, built around 1340.
From here, we caught a taxi to the Yunnan
museum and stayed about an hour, during which I was interested in ore samples,
as well as amazingly designed bronze figurines and cooking utensils from the
Bronze age, plus a lot of dinosaur exhibits.

No comments:
Post a Comment